The Stormin' Mormon

  

Saturday, April 12, 2003

Ah, been awhile. Anyways, I'm sitting here on the computer procrastinating my packing for my trip to New York. I head out at 6 in the morning for an 8 o'clock flight. Thankfully, it's direct. I'm going to the National Model United Nations Conference, where a bunch of college students get together and pretend to be ambassadors from the nations of the world and discuss things. Just like the real thing, nothing important ever gets decided. My committee looks especialy dismal. I am representing Jordan on the Group of 77. The G77 is where the Thrid World... oh, excuse me... the less developed world gets together and complains about how the West doesn't give us enough money.

As you can probably tell, I'm not very enamoured with the UN. The more I've learned about the UN over the last 4 years, the less I liked it. I was anti-UN before this latest fiasco, and even before 9-11. I do this because most of the time its pretty fun to debate such thing, plus I get a free trip to New York. MUN is also what led me into politics. I'm not sure I'd know very much at all about what's going on in the world or even the country if I didn't. But, I've decided International politics is not for me. This will be my last year, and I intend to do more local stuff to start with, maybe getting a staff job in Congress in a few years.

Posted by Unknown at 11:45 AM :

Comments:
Post a Comment


Broadcast semi-live 700 yards from the remains of Robert E. Lee's horse

"AH! My Satan worshiping eyes! They Burn!"
-The Puppy Blender


Cool Links

LDS Church and Mormon.org
Redscape
/.

The Alliance of Free Blogs


Blog Links

Blogroll Me!

<< ? | LDS Blogs | list >>
« # PNW Blogs ? »

Todays Terror Alert Level
Brought you by the letters H, S, and the number 1
Terror Alert Level

Archives

Listed on BlogShares

Powered by Blogger