The Stormin' Mormon

  

Wednesday, March 17, 2004

Happy 255th Birthday!

Yesterday was one of my personal heroes' birthday, and somehow I didn't know it. James Madison was the principle author of the Constitution, wrote the Bill of Rights, and co-authored the Federalist Papers. Madison was a close friend and protege of Thomas Jefferson, and succeeded him to the Presidency. When I attempt to describe my political leanings, a term I invariably call myself a Madisonian Federalist, to distinguish myself from the Hamiltonians who dominated the Federalist party of the early days of America. And almost as invariably, the people I tell this to have no idea what I'm talking about. Madison believed the nation must be united and tied together, but parted with Hamilton when the Federalists began seeking powers for the central government that were not intended by the Constitution. Thanks to Southern Appeal for the tip.

Posted by Unknown at 11:13 PM :

Comments:
Post a Comment


Broadcast semi-live 700 yards from the remains of Robert E. Lee's horse

"AH! My Satan worshiping eyes! They Burn!"
-The Puppy Blender


Cool Links

LDS Church and Mormon.org
Redscape
/.

The Alliance of Free Blogs


Blog Links

Blogroll Me!

<< ? | LDS Blogs | list >>
« # PNW Blogs ? »

Todays Terror Alert Level
Brought you by the letters H, S, and the number 1
Terror Alert Level

Archives

Listed on BlogShares

Powered by Blogger